|Rainbow Emmaus of El Paso|
|Member of Borderlands Emmaus Community|
BORDERLANDS EMMAUS COMMUNITY
A NOTE TO SPONSORS
The Walks for 2012 are established and we just know that they will be the best walks ever. Please find below information that you will need as a sponsor.
As the sponsor of a pilgrim, you have a great responsibility of making sure that the pilgrim has a good experience on the Walk. Please read the following carefully and if you have any questions, please get with an experienced sponsor for any help that you might need.
1. Secure the appication from the pilgrim and complete the section for the sponsor. Be sure to have the pilgrim’s pastor sign the application.
2. Arrange for the payment of the Walk fees. The pilgrim really should pay for the walk, but in some instances, they are not able to afford it. In that case, the Fourth Day Group of the pilgrim should be contacted to help with the cost.
3. A check for the fees and the application is then sent to the address on the pilgrims registration form.
4. Begin collecting the letters for the pilgrim. You might have to do a little detective work in order to be successful. If you do not know the pilgrim well, it might be a good idea to have the pilgrim provide you with the name of the spouse, family member, or friend who could then give you ideas for seeking the letters for the pilgrim. Please remember that each pilgrim is to receive no more than 12 letters on the walk. If you receive more than 12 letters, please plan on giving them to the pilgrim at closing or on the way home.
5. Your next big responsibility is transporting the pilgrim to the Walk site. Our walks are being held at Sacramento Methodist Assembly . Please have the pilgrim at Sacramento around 6:30 pm on Thursday. When you get the pilgrim settled at Sacramento, you are responsible for attending Sponsor’s Hour where we will pray over the crosses that will be given to the pilgrims.
6. It is very important that you plan on attending Candlelight on Saturday evening. Your pilgrim will be surprised to see you there. Also, make plans for transporting your pilgrim home, after the Walk, on Sunday.
7. It is very important that you also participate in the Seventy-two hour prayer vigil for the walk. Go to the Borderlands website, which you can access from the Rainbow site at http://www.elpasoemmaus.com and take as many slots as possible.
REMEMBER THAT WE ARE GOD’S HANDS AND WE NEED TO BE IN SERVICE TO THE PILGRIMS OF THE WALK. HAVE A GREAT TIME SPONSORING AND KNOW THAT GOD WILL BLESS YOUR EFFORTS.